Saturday, October 18, 2008

The New Me

One day there will be a new me. There will be a me with better vision. There will be a me who has finished The Beautiful and Damned. There will be a me who has read Shakespeare. There will be a me who only owns one style of sock and one style of underwear. There will be a me with straighter teeth. There will be a me with whiter teeth. There will be a me who can debate existentialism. There will be a me who is not intimidated by math but excited by it. There will be a me with bulging biceps and defined delts. There will be a me with a six-pack. There will be a me who went on to a four-year college. There will be a me with a black belt. There will be a me who can improvise jazz licks on the guitar. There will be a me with an archtop guitar. There will be a me who made a fortune in stocks. There will be a me who can melt hearts with a song. There will be a me who can arrange ideas in Spanish. There will be a me who has thought in Spanish. There will be a me who has met people with good ideas. There will be a me who has inspired ideas. There will be a me who has broken a heart. There will be a me who can love and love and love. But that me will be a me who has not forgotten who he used to be.

I am content with myself not because of what I am right now, but because of what I will be.

No comments: